Friday, April 2, 2010

The Bane of My Existence

Here in Utah, it is almost Spring, yet we have been having some cold weather and even snow here and there. I wish everyone could leave it at that. BUT NO, everyone has to comment about how CRAZY the weather is and say things like, "Why is it snowing in April?! Can't it just be Spring already?" I will tell you why....BECAUSE IT IS THE WEATHER! Sorry to burst your bubble, but the weather changes and it is not always predictable. So maybe the weather is not what you want. GET OVER IT! It is what it is. If you don't like it, move somewhere else where the weather may be SLIGHTLY more predicable, and for God's sake don't comment or whine about it. The only time the weather should be of any significance is if it is violent enough to do damage to people or property. Otherwise, I am really not interested.

Now that I got that off my chest, I can talk about my cooking endeavors. (Much more interesting than the weather, I know.) I like to cook, but I am plagued by my tiny, dysfunctional kitchen.



This is how much room I have to cook when I am running the roll-out dishwasher which is NONE. Don't get me wrong, I can't live without my beloved dishwasher, but the whole rest of the kitchen is rather irritating. I have to do acrobatic maneuvers around the dishwasher while it is running just to get into a drawer or cupboard, and forget using the sink because the dishwasher is hooked up to that too. Too bad I rent my house, because if I owned it I would have taken a sledge hammer to that kitchen long ago. No kitchen would almost be better than that kitchen. I seriously have dreams about how I could renovate the kitchen. If I had an unlimited budget, I wouldn't even ask the landlord if I could renovate. I would just do it, because I would be doing her a HUGE favor. She could charge way more for rent if the place had a renovated kitchen. Also, new carpet. The landlord says the carpet is new, but I think she is a dirty liar. There is no way our carpet is new with the ragged edges, the stains, the worn-down areas, and the over-all 70s brownish color. No, that carpet is not new, and it is the bane of my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment