Thursday, April 22, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite

It's a good thing I don't write this blog for a living because I already stress about what to write about. I feel an obligation to write every other day and if I can't think of something to write about I feel like a am slacking. Silly, I know. It's just that when I commit to something I don't want to do it half-assed. Why oh why did I have to start this blog? Oh I know, because I like to write. I just don't want it to turn into a burden of something I have to do verses something I want to do because only I would feel obligated to do something that I don't have to do.

On to the blog...

We have been having some windy weather were we live, and so Mike and I decided to go fly kites a few days ago. Well it turns out that Mike has this obsession with not flying a wimpy kite so he bought this -



Notice it is not in the air. That is because HE NEVER GOT IT TO FLY. That's right. The cheap little kite that my brother bought for half the price practically flew itself, but Mike's two-handled fancy shmancy kite never left the ground for more than a few seconds. Here is my 3-year-old nephew, Holden, showing how easy it is to fly a kite -



Here is Mike flying the self-flying kite that my brother got and wishing he bought the same thing. It's ok honey, I will let you borrow my $1 kite.

No comments:

Post a Comment