Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's All About the Music



Can you possibly tell these two are related? If it wasn't for the different color hair, they could be the same kid. I had to put up these pictures of my brother and his his son at around the same age because I think it is so funny how the look of surprised bewilderment was inherited. In fact, my brother's son, Kyle, is practically a mini-version of my brother, Brian. I don't mean Kyle is the same as Brian was as a kid. I mean Kyle is a mini current-day Brian. I say this because Kyle has probably loved music since he was in the womb. Brian, on the other hand, never seemed to be into music much until high school. Well, now he loves music, and he has certainly passed it on to his son. I remember babysitting Kyle when he was about two or three and all he wanted to do THE ENTIRE TIME was watch a certain Red Hot Chili Pepper DVD that I have. THAT'S ALL. Did he want to play outside? No. Did he want to watch TV? No. Did he want to play video games? No. Did he want to play with toys? No. Did he want to do anything that a typical preschooler would want to do? No. He only wanted to watch music videos or listen to my I-pod. I am also informed that he falls asleep most nights while listening to music on headphones or on the speaker-pillow that his awesome aunt gave him.

Being a mini-Brian may have it's advantage in music knowledge, but it also has it's difficulties, like having to act tough. Kyle acts tough because he wants to be big and strong like his dad, but I know deep down he is a softy who loves to be cuddled. Don't worry Kyle, I won't tell your secret.

1 comment: