Monday, March 1, 2010

Green Time

You know it is getting close to Springtime when you take your dog outside and she acts like she has never been out in the light of day and proceeds to run in circles like she is completely insane. Actually, for Bear, this is normal. But I think we are all getting a little bit of Spring fever. Yesterday, Mike and I spent the good part of an afternoon driving around hunting for a place to buy herb seeds. When Spring starts to roll around I feel and incredible urge to plant things, and what better to go with our new sometimes-almost-partly-vegetarian-organic diet than herbs? I don't know if is a normal thing to feel so compelled to grow things. I think I got it from my dad who always planted a vegetable garden every Spring when I was a kid. I always loved that vegetable garden even if I did very little to actually take care of it. I'm sure my brothers and I were the only kids who ever tried to sell zucchini door-to-door. Or at least the only kids since 1900. Vegetable growing seems to be becoming a lost art, but once you eat a home-grown vegetable, you will never look at store-bought produce the same. It is only about A MILLION TIMES BETTER when you grow it yourself. It makes me believe there is something seriously wrong with what we are buying at the store. My green thumb is not so green as it is sickly yellow, however, I will always attempt to grow vegetables because the finished product is so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment