Friday, March 5, 2010

Long Live Potatoes!

There are few foods I love more than ice cream. Last night my husband and I watched a show about the history of ice cream and it looked so delicious I almost started licking the screen. I guess it all comes from my love of milk. I know people who don't like milk and that just seems crazy to me. I love how milk is so creamy and slightly sweet.....mmmmmm. Also, the more fat the better, as in CREAM. But I usually stick with the 1% variety since I have no desire to be morbidly obese. If I had whole milk around the house I would NEVER STOP DRINKING IT. When you make milk or cream into ice cream it takes it to a whole new level. Not only do you have cream, but also sugar and flavors! Personally, I usually go for the fruity flavors since I don't always love chocolate. I know - a women who doesn't love chocolate - who thought that could exist? Well here I am and I sure hope I exist. I will choose fruit over chocolate almost any time, and ice cream over almost everything else (except potatoes - Long live potatoes, rulers of all food!).

I also want to mention that my little baby niece, Shalyn, is having a birthday tomorrow. Ok, she is not really a baby. She is turning 11. But I remember her as a baby, and I can't believe she is growing up so fast. She was my first niece/nephew and I loved being an aunt for the first time. Suddenly I had this little person to play with and buy things for. It was kind of like having your own child except you get to pass her off to her parents when you get tired of it. Now Shalyn is on the brink of teenage-hood and almost too cool for aunts, or grandparents, or parents, or just about anyone. However, she is the most responsible kid I know, and an incredible reader, so I will give credit where credit is due. I miss my baby Shay, but I think she is growing into a fine adult. Happy birthday Shalyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment