Friday, March 19, 2010

Sweat Is The Devil, Falun Dafa Is Good

I would like to apologize to my non-existent readership for my lack of blog posts over the last few days. Somehow I got busy. Seriously, that never happens. What can I say? It was a fluke.

Wednesday was a less than ideal St. Patrick's Day. Basically, I worked, I paid bills, and I helped my brother and his wife move. Those three things are probably three of the most un-enjoyable things in the world for most people. But I was actually looking forward to helping my brother move. That is because I am STUPID. My brain seems to have a problem remembering how un-enjoyable moving is until I am right in the middle of doing it. Before I start doing it, I think I will happily carry a few small boxes to the moving van and be done with it. In reality, I am dragging a 1000-pound bookshelf down the stairs and sweating profusely before I realize, THIS SUCKS! However, I am pretty proud of my work ethic, thank you very much! Also, I'm sure the workout didn't hurt my less-than-toned body, but I still hate sweating. Sweat is the devil. In the end, not a drop of alcohol or a nibble of corned beef on St. Patrick's Day. *tear*

Yesterday, I got my hair done for THREE HOURS. You would think most adults would savor the opportunity to sit and do nothing for that long. Not me. When my butt starts to go numb and I begin to forget how to walk, I know I have been sitting too long. It didn't help that I went to a beauty school to get my hair done, so the guy who was doing my hair was a bit timid and slow when it came to doing hair. At least I didn't complain like the lady who was sitting next to me. Apparently she had come in before and gotten a bad dye-job and wanted it fixed. She was very picky and fussy about the whole situation. I wanted to say, "I'm sorry, did you not realize you are in a beauty school? People here are still LEARNING HOW TO DO HAIR. If you want to be picky about your hair then go to an expensive, high-end salon and pay the hairstylist a lot of money to care about your hair. Otherwise, SHUT UP!" That is only what I was thinking, but since I am who I am, what I actually did was smile politely at the the lady.

Later that evening my husband and I went to a Chinese dance show that we had bought tickets to a while ago and had been looking forward to ever since. After all that anticipation we were sorely disappointed to find out that the show was really just propaganda for a new Chinese religion disguised as song and dance. Sure there was some beautiful dancing, but there was also occasional repetitive songs about Falun Dafa being the truth. Near the end, there was a particularly strange scene where a modern-day Chinese man is being persecuted for his belief in Falun Dafa. Actors pretend to beat and TASER the man and then throw him in jail where he is miraculously healed by blue-haired gods. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. Mike and I felt like they were trying to brainwash with entire audience. Of course it didn't work. I would just like to say, Falun Dafa is good.....

No comments:

Post a Comment