Friday, February 26, 2010

The Preschool Teenager

Apparently I still have a lot to learn about blogging. Not so much the writing part, but the "making my page fancy" part. I came across the blogs of a few people from from high school yesterday, and their pages were on steroids compared to mine. I have no music, no icons or graphics, and no star power. I guess you will have to put up with just my writing until I figure out this thing called "computor". It doesn't help that I seem to be late to the blogging scene, so maybe with a few more years under my belt I will have an acceptable blog.

On to the real topic of this blog....BEAR! She is the only thing I really have to write about other than my husband who probably prefers to stay out of the spotlight unless I am saying good and happy things about him. All the other bloggers my age write mostly about their children, but since I am scared out of my mind of medical bills while having no medical insurance, I have no such children to write about. Bear reminds me of a child in some ways. She is like a preschooler and a teenager all rolled into one. She is a preschooler when she leaves her toys strewn about the house. I always tell her to clean them up with the delusion that some day she will actually do it. She is a teenager in the early morning when I leave for work. She doesn't so much as lift a toe when I pat her and say goodbye. She just keeps her head buried deep within the blanket and continues sleeping. I know most dogs will jump out of bed at the slightest disturbance, but Bear is special that way. In the evenings she becomes a preschooler again as she waits anxiously at the window for her "daddy" to come home. She seems to know exactly when it is time for him to get home. Bear is not the type of dog that barks often, but when Mike comes home she lets loose. I guess it is all the stress from spending most of the day with me, her EVIL STEPMOTHER. I have come to accept the fact that she likes Mike more than me. This is probably due to the fact that I won't roll on the ground with her and let her slobber all over me. Mike is great at that. I love you honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment