Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So Smooth

I have always liked things that have soft or smooth textures. For example, when it comes to food I like smooth-textured things like milk, ice cream, yogurt, pudding, gum, and mashed potatoes. You know, things that almost seem to caress your mouth as you eat them. Your guess is as good as mine as to why I like these things so much. I don't limit myself to only smooth foods, but there are some textures that are hard for me to swallow. Shrimp would be one of those. Also, any kind of meat that has too much gristle or fat. It's weird because I don't really have a problem with eating meat. I am not squeamish about the fact that my meat was once a living thing. It's just the texture that can make or break it.

Soft things that I enjoy are soft clothes, stuffed animals, real animals, blankets, and pillows. I could feel a soft stuffed animal or lounge in pajamas and blankets for hours. Maybe it all goes back to the childhood need to be comforted. That would make sense since most people like soft things and I believe most people need to be comforted in one way or another. I'm sure Freud would have the answer, and I'm also sure the answer would be so deep and complicated that I wouldn't care. All I know is that I could never be one of those women who wear high heals all day every day. I might suffer through it now and again to look pretty, but there is just no way those things are comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment