Thursday, April 14, 2011

Funny Stuff

Mike showed me this video, and I thought it was so funny I had to share it. It really shouldn't be funny since the people the host is talking to have been victims of medical procedures gone wrong. BUT......it's funny! I try not to laugh at the expense of others. Really I do. But I also think a lot of the really funny stuff is not politically correct. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. Humor is one of the things that makes life bearable when it seems unbearable. I don't particularly like my own voice, but if someone made a good joke about it or couldn't stop laughing when I talked, I don't think I would hold it against them.

I wish I was more funny. My humor is more sarcastic or dead-pan than outright joke-telling because I'm not very good at making jokes. I even suck just telling someone else's joke. I can, however, appreciate good humor in others. I love things that make me laugh or smile, and that's not always an easy task. Some people are easily amused by just about anything. My sense of humor is a little more discerning. Something has to hit me just right to make me laugh. Potty jokes won't cut it with me. Here are some funny things I like -

The Imgur Gallery

Damn You Auto Correct

Dooce

Laughing Baby

This Giraffe

Demetri Martin

The third one is a blog by Heather Armstrong that I mentioned in my very first post. Her humor is what inspired me to start blogging, even though I am not anywhere as funny as her. Her blog is mostly for moms or people struggling with depression, but I think anyone can appreciate it for the humor.

I wish I had more funny stuff for you, but I'm sure you already know how to find it on your own. This post is just a little reminder to keep humor in your life and laugh when things get hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment