Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fun in the Ice Age

I may have been slightly neglecting my blog for a few days, but when the weather looks more like January than April, it's not very inspiring. I feel like it is becoming the next ice age outside and that is something much more worrisome than writing a blog. Also, I had a chance to spend time with Mike, and I will always take that over most anything because I love being with him!

Mike and I actually had a fun day yesterday even though it never stopped SNOWING the entire day and it was so foggy I felt like I was living in a mystery novel. We made a trip out to Salt Lake City, and the first place we stopped was Bruges. People, this place is AMAZING. Never have I had such delicious waffles, fries, dipping sauce, or stew. It's a little pricey, but it's definitely worth it. Go there!

Next, we went to Trolley Square which is an upscale shopping center in an old building. There's not a lot of shops there, but it's a fun place to look around anyway. One of our favorite stores there is TABULA RASA. Its mostly a stationary store, but there are other things there like books, puzzles, art, and wallets. All of it is pretty high-end and expensive, but you can find good deals also. I got this book by Edward Gorey. I love the artwork and the overall silliness of the book. It's not too serious, and that's refreshing in a world that is almost always too serious.

The main reason Mike and I went to Trolley Square was because there is a new Whole Foods grocery store there and we had never been to one before. I don't have to tell you how much we love food and how much I enjoy things that are organic and environmentally friendly. So you can imagine we were pretty much falling on the floor with excitement when we walked into this store. I could write about it for hours, but you really just have to see it for yourself.

That was our Saturday. We might have had more energy to do more things, however, we had the idea to have a movie night the night before. We ate way too much candy; stayed up too late; and slept on an air mattress that beat us up all night long. We were a little worst for wear after all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment