Monday, April 25, 2011

Governed By The Clock

I often get annoyed that life is so governed by time.

Time to get up.
Time for work.
Time for lunch.
Time for my appointment.
Time to return my library books.
Time for bed.

When you're a kid, time is much less of an issue. You do something when you feel like doing it, not because it is "time" to do it. Some days I curse my alarm clock because it always so rudely reminds me that I am on a schedule from the moment I hear it. That *beep beep beep* might as well be saying "Get up! You're running out of time before you even open your eyes!"

Why can't people relax more? Why do we let out lives be so governed by time? Time is important, but not always. We don't have to let it boss us around constantly. We can make time for free time to do as much or as little as we want. If you have a crazy schedule it may seem impossible to make free time, but it's not. You always have the choice of what to do with your time. There are always things you can drop from your schedule to make time for enjoyment, and if you ask me, free time is almost as important as eating, sleeping, and breathing. I am certain free time is essential to good physical and mental health. Besides, if we don't take time to enjoy life, then what are we living for?

No comments:

Post a Comment