Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Changes

It's a cliche that "children always grow up too fast". Well when I was a kid, it certainly didn't feel that way. It felt like I would be a kid forever and everyone I knew would always stay the same. I think that's because, when you're a child, you don't have much of a past to look back on. Your past is almost the same as the present. When you get older, you have more of a past and you can look back and see how much things have changed. Kids grow up and get married and get jobs. Styles change. Prices go up. Technology becomes more advanced. Wars begin and end. The economy changes. People are born and people die.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing that the world is always changing. That's life, and it would get pretty boring if everything stayed the same. But once in a while you look back and you get a little pang because you miss something and you know it will never be like it was in the past.

Now that I'm grown, I realize that children do grow up too fast. But you don't have to let the time slip by without appreciating it. Enjoy every second of the present, because it becomes the past all too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment