Monday, March 28, 2011

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

I have been told on occasion that I can be somewhat pessimistic. I call it being realistic. Anyway, I thought I would write a post about some of my favorite things just to prove that I do know how to be positive. Without further ado, here they are in no particular order.

-Music: I like almost any creative endeavor and that certainly includes music. Unfortunately, I was not blessed with much musical talent. I can produce a few notes on the piano or the flute and I can read music if I count the notes from "middle C". Other than that.....well, nothing. But I am a pro at listening to music.

-Animals: Especially dogs and horses. When I was a kid I would always ask for horse riding lessons. I never got them. Maybe that's why I still crave horseback riding to this day. I did, however, have a dog and a guinea pig. I guess that makes up for the riding lessons.

-Color: We have already discussed this. Color is good.

-Rain: I really like thunderstorms. In fact, there was one this morning while I was at work and I was thrilled! There is just something so awe-inspiring to me about the thunder and rain.

-Nature: Speaking of awe-inspiring. Nature is just that. I like camping and hiking and all that "nature stuff".

-Traveling: I think it is the coolest thing ever to see how other cultures live. Don't ask me where I want to go because I want to go everywhere! I want to see it all as long as there are people nearby. It's the people that make the places interesting. Of course I did just say I like nature, but I am talking more about cities and civilizations when it comes to traveling.

-Puzzles: Don't ask why. They just make me feel like a can put a little organization into a crazy world. Also, they are good practice for when I am 90 and puzzles are all I am able to do.

-My family: I love all those wacky people. Even though my brothers and dad and I don't always see eye to eye, I wouldn't trade them for anything. What makes them different than other families is what makes them special to me.

-Food: Num num num num! Even when I am sick and throwing up, I still try to eat. That's how much I like food! I have a slight hording problem with recipes. Good thing they don't take up too much room. Now if I could just find that one recipe I have been looking for........

-Clothing: I know no straight guy can understand this one, and even I don't really understand it. How can little pieces of fabric bring so much joy? I don't know. All I know is that if I become a millionaire, I am building a house with one heck of a closet.

-All things creative: Crafting, drawing, painting, photography, scrapbooking, decorating, writing. Visual art is a way of expressing what can't be put into words. It is a way to see the world in a different light. It is beautiful. As for writing, there are ways of using language that can be just as beautiful and expressive as visual art.

So there you have more information about me than you ever wished for. Use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment