Monday, March 7, 2011

A New Outlook

Last Saturday I listened to my first podcast from psychic Margaret Ruth, and I have to say I really liked it. I'm not a person who regularly takes advice from psychics just because they are psychics. I do, however, take advice that seems to be good advice, and Margaret Ruth seems to give pretty sound advice.

The podcast is called Leave Your Fear Behind. I highly recommend that you listen to it if you are interested, because I can't really do it justice with my incoherent ramblings. The basic gist of it is Margaret Ruth responding to a letter from a woman who has a lot of fear about bad things that might happen to her. She wants to enjoy life, and does enjoy it sometimes, but her fear is almost paralyzing at other times. She wanted Margaret Ruth to tell her, basically, that everything would be alright in her future.

I can really relate to this woman (as I think many people can) because we all have at least some fears about the future. Will I or a loved one become terminally ill? Will I be able to pay the bills? Will I get to where a want to be in life? Will someone close to me die? Margaret Ruth had a surprising answer to all this fear, because the answer really had nothing to do with being psychic. First, she recommended that the woman get checked by a medical doctor, just to make sure there was was nothing physically or psychologically wrong, like depression. Next, she said that when you have fear about the future, you have to overcome it little by little by telling yourself that you will be able to handle whatever comes your way. She said a lot of people fear the future because they don't think they will be able to handle what life throws at them. Overcoming that fear means learning to trust that you will be OK no matter what happens in your life. For me, this was profound advice.

As for the woman's question about whether or not everything would be alright for her in the future, Margaret Ruth said it really doesn't matter what happens to her. If she finds a way to trust herself to handle what comes along, she can be happy even if bad things happen to her. In other words, happy people don't always have easy lives, they just know how to be happy no matter what happens to them.

There was much more good advice in the podcast, and since this post is already getting long-winded, you should just listen to it. I'm really glad that I did, because now I have a new outlook on the bad things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment