Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Power of Positive Thinking

I almost decided not to write today, because I feel slightly run down like I might (gulp) be getting sick. But I have decided to act like I am perfectly fine, and maybe the power of positive thinking will win this time. There is someone that I work with who is sick right now and still coming to work. As much as I hate working with someone who is sick, I can't blame her for coming to work. First of all, I went to work most of the time I was sick, and I hope people won't judge me for it. Second, a person has to make a living. As an adult, you are seriously not allowed to get sick......ever. If you do, not only do you loose your health, but also your ability to earn a living. All I can say is, you better have someone who will take care of you. But I am moving on to a new topic because I....AM.....NOT.....SICK.

Eating organic. That's something I really believe in. I wish I could do it more, but being the poor urchin that I am, organic food is just too expensive sometimes. Also, I LOVE food, and some non-organic food is soooo good that I can't resist it permanently. Still, I like the idea of more natural food. None of these pesticides, or growth hormones, or antibiotics. I don't want to eat something that is more like a science experiment than a vegetable. Who knows what all those chemicals and additives in processed food will do to you?

Organic food tastes so much better because it is not altered so that it grows faster or bigger. I think once you start messing with nature, you usually screw it up. Let it be. Be good to the environment and to yourself and eat organically.

No comments:

Post a Comment