Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Look at my beautiful bed -



I washed the sheets yesterday, just because sometimes it feels so good to sleep on fresh, clean sheets. My bed is my pride and joy, because it is the most expensive piece of furniture that I own, and it has almost everything I could want in a bed. It has the down comforter, the memory foam pad, and the beautiful red sheets. At the end of a long day, this bed is heaven on earth.

Notice I said my bed has "almost" everything I could want. That's because the only thing I would change about my bed is the height. I always thought I wanted a tall bed because then I could feel like I was on top of the world in some sort of kingdom that was all my own. That didn't happen. Instead, I found out it is very difficult to come down from the top of the world. When you first wake up in the morning and you are still groggy from sleep, the last thing you want to do is jump from the top of the world and hope that you land on your feet. With this bed, you don't so much get out of bed as you fall out of bed. If I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, my feet don't come anywhere near the floor. So, once you manage to get into this bed, it is a big deal. You are in it for the long haul, because getting out again takes much strategic planning.

I tried to get Mike to let me cut off the the legs of the bed, but that was a no-go. I guess he thought I wouldn't do it right and then we would be sleeping at a slant. He paid for the bed, so I suppose it is understandable that he wouldn't want me hacking away at it. But I still think I would do a good job. Humph!

Anyway, I still love my bed, despite it being height-challenged. It is one of the simple pleasures I enjoy in life, and you know what they say. Life's greatest treasures are life's simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment