Monday, February 28, 2011

Colorwonderful

Mike bought me some new fingernail polish this weekend, and this is the result -



Besides the fact that I don't think my feet look too great in this picture, I love the color! I have quite a few fingernail polishes, but I can never seem to get enough of these little bottles of color. Maybe that's because I love color in general. It's hard for me to pick a favorite color (even though green is right up there near the top) because I have always loved all colors.

When I say I love color, I don't mean a want to surround myself with bits of every color imaginable. I mean I love each color individually and I like to experiment with different color combinations. Color can totally change the look of a room, an outfit, or a piece of artwork. Color can even change your mood, make you hungry, or show your personality through your aura. (I know not everyone believes in auras, but I still think they are an interesting concept to consider.) Color can affect people on so many levels, and, for me, color usually brings happiness. Just that little bit of color on my toes makes me smile every time I look at it.

I even sometimes buy things based on their color. Christmas ornaments, notebooks, lip gloss, dishes, wrapping paper, clothes. All of these are things I have bought because I liked the color, and if I am honest, everything I buy is probably influenced by what color it is. What can I say? I am a sucker for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment