Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Green Day

I came across this song, and I like it because it helps me feel a tad bit better when I get to stressing (which happens way too often). Go ahead. Give it a listen. You'll feel better.

I am in the process of making a delicious corned beef dinner for St. Patrick's Day as I write this. I have many fond memories of having this dinner for the holiday, but the truth is, I don't know the true reason for St. Patrick's Day. I'm guessing Patrick was some sort of Saint who did something special. I could look it up on the internet, but I'm feeling kind of lazy, and I doubt the holiday will have much more meaning to me even if I know what it's all about.

I wish I could go back to when I was a kid and holidays didn't have to have a meaning. St. Patrick's day was just the day that everyone wore green and pretended to be Irish and ate corned beef and cabbage. I still enjoy the holiday somewhat, but I have a harder time accepting that people do all these silly things without knowing why. Oh what the heck, might as well enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment