Monday, May 17, 2010

A Walk In The Park

Today Bear and I went for a walk at the Ogden River Parkway. It all started with Bear pacing across the kitchen floor ALL MORNING. All I would hear was click, click, click, as she walked back and forth, and then once in a while her head would peek through the doorway and she would look at me like, "Why aren't we doing anything?" So finally, to save my sanity and avoid any more "clicking" I decided to take her for a walk. Also, I could probably stand to do a little exercise since my midsection is ignoring my pleas for it to shrink. When we arrived at the parkway and started our walk the weather was beautiful and the walk was very enjoyable. That is until we got to the part of the path that was unexpectedly closed for construction. A smart person would have probably turned back and returned the way that they came. Judge me as you will, but I decided to "go around" the construction and try to rejoin the path. It didn't quite work that way. I ended up in downtown Ogden trying to find anything that even resembled a path. To make matters worse, Bear looked like she might pass out any second from heat stroke. Luckily for me, the Ogden street system is very easy to follow and Bear and I made it back to the path fairly quickly. In fact, we made it back to the part of the path that we would have gotten to had we TURNED AROUND AND WENT BACK. Once we got back near the river I let Bear off her leash so she could cool off in the river. I couldn't stop her from drinking the water, so let's hope she doesn't get sick from that. I don't need her to hate me any more than she does now that I took her on that ordeal. She acted very patient during the whole walk, but inside she was probably fuming with anger an annoyance. Now she is passed out from exhaustion and probably thinking, "I will never let that woman take me for a walk again."

No comments:

Post a Comment