Saturday, May 22, 2010

Oh Holy Tent

I would like to introduce you to the latest addition to my family. The magnificent, the amazing, the plasticy.......tent!



Ta-dah!

I haven't had a chance to put it up yet because it has been raining for the past few days, and there is absolutely no way ANY tent will fit inside our house. But I'm pretty sure it will be stupendous! Mike may not share my enthusiasm for the tent, but he still bought it for me and I love him for that. I don't even completely understand my love for camping. By all accounts I should hate camping because I don't like being dirty, and believe it or not I do enjoy the comforts of technology. Maybe it is because of all those fond memories I have of camping as a child. Maybe it is the simple fact that nature can make me feel a peace that nothing else can. I am constantly in aw at its beauty and majesty. Give me a day that is free of temperature extremes and excessive amounts of bugs and I will almost always choose to be outside, basking in the beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment