Sunday, May 9, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now

If I could have just gone through life without needing glasses, that would have been a huge load off my stress level. But no, I only made it until 9th grade. My dad is nearsighted and my mom was farsighted, so I was doomed from the beginning. It appears I have my father's eyes. Anyway, glasses may not seem like a huge stress to all you "normal" people, but to me they burden me considerably. I have to think about eye exams at least every two years, and what if I don't have vision insurance? WHAT THEN? I also have to worry about becoming the victim of some huge natural disaster in which my glasses are lost or broken and I have a live in a hostile world without being able to see farther than 5 inches. OH GOD! What if I get stranded on a deserted island without my glasses? YOU SEE THE DANGERS OUT THERE?!

There are several solutions to the glasses dilemma. One is contacts. Me and contacts were getting along fine for about ten years until suddenly they decided,"Let's scratch her eyes out!" No more contacts. If you think about it, contacts really aren't better than glasses in any disaster scenario because you can only leave them in for a few days at the most and then you are out of luck. However, contacts are wonderful for everyday life. No constantly cleaning your glasses or bumping them into things and bending them or getting rain spots on them when it rains. Too bad my contacts turned against me. I guess my only other option is the laser eye surgery. But what if they mess up and blind me? And how am I going to pay for that? And what if.........?

No comments:

Post a Comment