Monday, May 24, 2010

Is It Just Me?

I guess it's just me who thinks that 95% of new music today is total crap. Everywhere I go everyone else seems to be jamming out to one of those songs that they only play 13 million times a day on the same radio station. At the risk of sounding like an old geezer, I want to say that OLDER MUSIC IS BETTER. I'm not talking about classical, although that's what I grew up around and it certainly has its merits. I'm talking about music that was made as little as a few years ago and older. It seems like musical artists back then just had more passion and meaning to their music. It wasn't so much about being a celebrity as it was about being able to truly express yourself through music. Now music is more about how outrageous the singer can be and what songs they can hurry and produce to make a quick buck. There are so many songs now about getting drunk and partying. Don't get me wrong. Music is made for parties, but does it have to be so one-dimensional? Where is the music with passion? The music that takes risks? Sometimes I seriously feel like I am in the twilight zone where everyone in the world likes bad music. Is it just me......?

No comments:

Post a Comment