Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fly Wars

I finally got over being sick, only to be sick AGAIN. I don't know if it is the same cold with renewed energy or something new altogether. Frankly, I don't care. I have given up trying to decipher which sickness is what or even trying to not get sick. I will just lay here until something changes......

So I get bored just laying there, so I made this -



It is a fly trap that I learned how to make online. It is my attempt at waging war on all those little flies that roam my house. However, since one just lazily drifted past my computer screen, I would guess it is not working. If you can't tell, the mixture in the bottom is a combination of water, applesauce, and bologna. Maybe you just threw up a little in your mouth at the thought of that, but is was a very well thought-out concoction. OK, I lied. The internet was not very clear on what to put in this fly trap. Suggestions ranged from fruit, to sugar, to water, to vinegar, to dish soap, to meat, to store-bought fly bait, to a million mixtures of any of these ingredients. So I winged it. Judging by results, my personal mixture is not very popular with the flies.

Maybe I need to get into the mind of a fly.
-I'm flying though the air.
-Maybe I will just run into that wall over there.
-Now I think I will fly up someone's nose.
-I hate my life. I think I will fly into some standing water in a sink full of dirty dishes and die.

Well that didn't help much. On to Plan B. But first, figure out a Plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment