Sunday, January 30, 2011

Annoying As Hell

I have lived in my current place over a year now, and almost from the beginning I have noticed this place has more bugs than my last place. Maybe because my last place was newer or because it was on the second floor, but somehow it was less "buggy". The bugs I see the most in my current place are these teeny, tiny flies. Maybe they are gnats, but whatever they are they are ANNOYING AS HELL. The only thing they have going for them is that they don't make any noise. They seem to do everything in their power to bug me. They will fly right in front of my face and just hover there waiting to be smacked. When I'm in the shower, they get as close to the water as possible and when I try to shoo them away, they fly directly into the water, thus committing suicide just to annoy me, because then I have to worry about dead bugs floating around in the bathtub. They also die on the shower ceiling, where it is very hard for me to reach to clean their dead bodies off the walls.

I have no idea how to get rid of these flies since they seem to have less sense than normal-sized flies. How do you kill something that will readily kill itself, yet seems to keep coming back? Every fly trap that I have found is only recommended for outdoors because they all, apparently, give off a horrible smell. I guess I could try the old fashioned sticky fly tape. But I don't know if these flies would have sense enough to be drawn to that rather than hovering aimlessly. Plus, fly tape is not so pretty. I'm not going for the "creepy, abandoned cabin" look in my house. All I know is, I need to get them before they drive me completely insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment