Saturday, February 5, 2011

Promises

It kind of bothers me when people start a blog and write in it regularly for a while, and then slowly stop writing in it altogether. I know life gets busy, yada yada yada, but then don't commit to it in the first place. I am the type of person who likes to finish everything I start, and it bothers me when others don't do the same. If I start a book and decide that I don't like it, I will still finish it. If I am working on a task, it is very hard for me to take a break until I am finished.

Blogs are certainly an optional activity for most people. However, I think starting a blog and then not continuing it, or at least telling people you are ending it, is like making a promise and not keeping it. I don't believe promises are something to be taken lightly. If you make a promise to me, you better intend to keep it, or........Well there isn't much I can do, but I will give you a very stern look. The point is, I think many people take promises too lightly. If you don't think you can do what you promise, DON'T PROMISE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Also, if you don't make good on your promise, don't make excuses. Excuses bug me.........A LOT. Just admit that you didn't do what you promised. Excuses don't make it better. They actually make it worse because they mean that your promise never meant anything. How can a promise mean anything if you know you can just get out of it with an excuse? I will probably end up eating my words in the future if I have kids and I start to slack on my blog. At that point you are allowed to give me a very stern look.

No comments:

Post a Comment