Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Good Kind Of Noise

I can't say I have ever been one for background noise. I would much rather have complete silence than any sort of nondescript noise. Noise makes it hard for me to concentrate on anything. I am perplexed by those people who always need some sort of background noise. Silence is as irritating to them as noise is to me. But I have found one noise-maker that I love, love, love. My relaxing sound maker.



It has six sounds: rain forest, heartbeat, ocean, summer night, rain, waterfall. I enjoy all the sounds except heartbeat. That's just a little creepy. My very favorite one is rain. Can't get enough of it. Then again, if it was up to me, the weather would rain me to sleep every night. At least with this thing I can imagine it is raining every night. Even in the winter. (It has probably rained more than snowed this winter anyway, so I don't have to imagine too often.) The only problem I have run into is when I leave it on too loud at night and it wakes me up. It's not that I don't like it, but I am so used to silence when I sleep that any noise can propel me out of a sound sleep and leave me dazed and confused as I try to process what all the noise is about. As long as I leave it on quietly, though, I'm just peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment