Thursday, October 28, 2010

We Have Gone Too Far

I have felt slightly melancholy today, and I think it has something to do with what I see in stores. Grocery stores. Clothing stores. Restaurants. Basically all stores. What I see is unbridled waste and greed. So much "stuff", manufactured just to be wasted. What I mean by that is, excessive amounts of cheap products being made and shipped to stores. When they get to the stores, there are so many of them that they don't all get sold and end up thrown away or sold at a huge loss to the store. So much "stuff" made for nothing. Resources wasted for the greed of company owners and shoppers. This is coming from someone who likes to shop, and even I realize we have gone too far. People don't need so many choices. There doesn't need to be 50 different kinds of bread at the grocery store. There doesn't need to be 20 different coats for me to chose from at the clothing store. And I'm just talking about one store. Just think of the millions or billions of stores to chose from! I am scared to even think of the waste that is happening on such a gigantic scale. I have a warm house, and clothing, and food. Everything beyond the bare minimum is a blessing and should not be taken for granted or wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment