Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Spirit Is Still There

Last weekend, Mike and I went to a pumpkin patch with my younger brother, Michael, his wife, Kristin, and their daughter, Esme. Here is a picture of Mike and I with Esme. Try to ignore how dorky we look.



I haven't been to a pumpkin patch since my elementary days, but I have to say it was pretty enjoyable. There is just something about getting out in the fresh air on a farm. You feel more connected to the land. More connected to life.

We rode a "hayride" to get to the pumpkin patch, which was really more like bales of hay on a trailer being pulled by a tractor. No horse or wagon or piles of loose hay. For once in my life I would like to go on an actual hayride, the way they were originally. No motorized vehicles. I guess the spirit is still there. The hayride has just been modernized like everything else. Who is to say if the old way or the new way is better?

No comments:

Post a Comment