Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Blackest Of Days

Even though black Friday is not going to be here for about another month, I wanted to write about it just because I am dreading it so much. Black Friday is the one day out of the year that I almost completely lose faith in the human race. I am disgusted by the behavior of so many people on that day. The overwhelming greed and selfishness is astounding to me. People have been killed on this day, for crying out loud! And for what? A t.v.? A video game? If it was up to me, I would stay home on black Friday and try to think happy thoughts. Unfortunately, I work in retail, so I am required to participate in the madness. I actually understand why businesses do what they do on black Friday. They want to make money and black Friday is the day where their finances change from the negative "red" to the positive "black". Hence the name, black Friday. But for me, the name is ironic, because "black" can also mean "dark and evil", which is what the day is to me. My only hope is that, someday, people will all decide to stay home on that day, or at least learn to treat everyone with love and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment