Monday, October 11, 2010

Squishy Balls

A few weeks ago, when Mike and I went to the last farmer's market of the year, we got these -

BALLS!



To you un-fun people out there these may seem stupid. But to Mike and I they brought days of pure enjoyment. We found them at a stand that was run by a sweet Asian lady who didn't speak English very well. I didn't understand half of what she was saying, but she showed us these little balls and we fell in love. Only one dollar for a tiny bag that fit in the palm of my hand. But here is the amazing part. When you put them in water, they grow, within a few hours, into squishy, slimy, bouncy, balls! Their intended purpose has something to do with nourishing plants, however, I couldn't get much information from the instructions which were badly translated from Chinese. So Mike and I just spent days running our hands through them and squishing them between our fingers. We have high hopes of someday filling an entire bathtub with them, but we have no idea how to find the mysterious Asian lady again. The only similar thing we have found was a toy kit that cost $24. Say again? Maybe I just dreamed the Asian lady with the $1 balls........

No comments:

Post a Comment