Monday, October 4, 2010

Halloween Splendor

On October 1st I promptly put up my Halloween decorations because I find that one month is the perfect amount of time to have them up. Any longer than that and they start to lose their appeal. Here is a picture of just a few of the things I have collected over the years.



Can you tell I have a thing for pumpkins? I figured I would put pictures on my blog since Mike and I rarely have house guests, and all this Halloween splendor would never be seen by the world. I try to stay away from decorations that look too cheap or tacky, but I suppose not everyone would agree with my taste anyway. For example I love these bats and little skeleton garland -



I made the bats, so they are cheap for sure, but I love sitting on the couch and gazing up and feeling like I am in a bat cave. It just gives the living room a whole different feel. The tiny skeletons are plastic, which I try to stay away from, but I have a weakness for miniature things. Almost anything is cute in miniature form. Besides, the skeleton garland reminds me of something from a witch doctor's office, so it helps create the feeling that you are somewhere creepy. Maybe "creepy" is not for you, but it is for me. At least for one month.

I like to think that if I had an unlimited budget I could create an amazing Halloween room. Until that happens I will revel in my knick knacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment