Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Let The Cupcake Feast Begin!

Happy birthday to me.....happy birthday to me! Happy birthday dear meeeee! Happy birthday to me!

Yep, that's right. Today is my 29th birthday. One more year until the big 3-0. Being almost 30 doesn't freak me out, but getting older in general does freak me out. Let's face it. We live in a society obsessed with youth and beauty, and the older you get, the more obsolete you become. Also, the less time you have left to do everything you want to do with your life. My only comfort is that I have my wonderful husband to grow old with.

I thought about making this blog about the things I have learned so far in my life, but then I remembered two things -

#1 I hate when bloggers list things like that because it usually comes off cheesy and stupid like - "I have learned that it is always better to wait until after dinner to eat dessert."

#2 I really haven't learned anything.

I swear the idea that I haven't learned anything doesn't come from feeling high and mighty and better than everyone else. Quite the opposite. It all come from a college philosophy class that really messed with my head. The course gave me the idea that we never really know anything for sure. Everything is subjective. What made it worse is that course was an at-home course. So I just read about all this stuff and then had no one to talk to about it. I hate philosophy........ But I think I am a philosophical person. Wrap your head around that.

To distract me from all this philosophy, Mike bought me cupcakes!



These are not just any cupcakes. They are from a place called Vintage Cupcakes, which means they are REALLY, REALLY GOOD. I love Vintage Cupcake because it is none of that from-a-box, processed crap that usually makes up modern cupcakes. The owner obviously cares about quality, which is something that is missing from almost every part of modern life. So I say, "Let the cupcake feast begin!"

No comments:

Post a Comment