Saturday, July 31, 2010

Falling For Autumn

Variety is the spice of life. I thoroughly believe that, even when it comes to the seasons. Some people only want warm weather all the time. Some people love the winter cold. The one season I love enough to ALMOST want all year round is Autumn. Don't call it Fall, either. Fall is what you do when you trip over a rock. Autumn is the most glorious season ever created. The funny thing is, I can't really put into words why I like Autumn so much. Yes I love the cool in the air, the harvest time, and Halloween. But, for me, there is this feeling in the air during Autumn that I can't even describe. It is like family and happiness and warmth and cool and love and togetherness and fun all wrapped into one. Needless to say, now that August is almost upon us, I am counting down the days until Autumn.

I will be the first to tell you that I have an extreme love for all things Autumn. This includes but is not limited to: pumpkins, Autumn leaves, caramel apples, corn mazes, Halloween decorations, skulls and skeletons, and Halloween costumes. I am not a dark or morbid person in general, but I love the idea of decorating that way for a month or two. I just like to try different ways of living. I am fascinated by all the different ways that people live, and if I can't live each and every one of those ways for a lifetime, at least I can try as many as I can for a short time. But I must admit, some lifestyles I enjoy more than others, and the Autumn lifestyle is definitely one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment