Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Blog With Pictures

Today Mike and I went to the farmer's market in downtown Ogden. I sure love that place. If it went on every day I would be there, preferably with money. I just love the idea of buying local produce. Not only do they have produce, but other locally-produced items such as salsa, bread, fish, jam, and baked potatoes. Mike and I also ate the most amazing three-berry pie I have ever had. Notice I am concentrating on the food. The food is what I love about the farmer's market, but they also have lots of other things like clothing, lotion, artwork, and jewelry. I was especially intrigued by the henna tattoo stand. I wanted to get one just to maybe ease me into the idea of getting a real tattoo, but I also didn't want to bake in the sun while waiting to get one. Maybe next Saturday.

I realize I have been seriously slacking on the photo portion of my blog. The only excuse I have is laziness. I also thought maybe, just maybe my words would be powerful enough to stand on their own, but that is just silly talk. Everyone knows that any good blog has pictures. So here is a tomato plant!



Random enough for you? So it is not just any tomato plant, but MY tomato plant that is finally bearing delicious, succulent tomatoes. I could probably eat these tomatoes all day every day if there were enough of them. The only problem I have with it is that a few of the leaves at the bottom are shriveling and dying. I'm not sure if that is a sign of things to come or just a natural part of being a tomato plant. I wouldn't know, having never been a tomato plant myself. At least it is doing better than my herbs.



Here is what they used to look like:



The chives completely died and had to be replanted. The others are on life support. I have fought tooth and nail for those herbs, but obviously I don't have the herb-growing touch. I only water them now because I feel sorry for how pathetic they look. Poor poor little herbs.

Here is one more picture just for the heck of it:



Bear loves to cuddle with Mike and if she can do it on the bed it is even better because we don't allow her up there very often. Let me rephrase that - I don't allow her up there very often. Mike would let her sleep with us every night if he could. I don't allow it because I don't enjoy waking up with dog hair plastered all over my face. Also, Bear doesn't bathe often.....It had to be said. Sorry Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment