Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Go Easy On Me

Let me tell you, I have so much to write about. Wait, that was a lie. The whole summer is basically flying by in blur. When you are a kid you look forward to the summer because you get a break from school and homework and all those annoying things. But when you are an adult, there are no such things as breaks. NEVER. NEVER EVER. If someone had told me when I was a kid that being a grown-up was like endless school, I would have never grown up. But here I am, grown up, so there is no going back now. I guess I could act like a kid if I wanted, but then I run the risk of going to jail, becoming homeless, or, worst of all, having people think I am seriously mentally handicapped. Think about it. If you are 3-years-old and you throw yourself on the floor in a store and start crying because your mom won't get you a candy bar, it is considered fairly normal if not annoying. If I did the same thing today, I'm sure I would get more than a few stares. The world can be a very harsh place when you are an adult. Things that were nothing when you were a kid suddenly carry a very severe punishment. Don't want to pay your taxes? Jail! Can't get a job? Go hungry! Need medical insurance? Too bad! It's not all bad being an adult. I can stay up as late as I want, eat whatever I want, and basically do whatever I want within the law. But when it comes to responsibility, go easy on me once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment