Sunday, July 18, 2010

Why I Love My Husband

When a friend of my husband's who had never met me before asked what Mike and I had in common, we were both dumbfounded. "Well we both like.......What we have in common is......You see.......Ummmmm......." Neither one of us could come up with a good answer. Then the friend tried to help by listing geeky things that Mike likes to see if I like them also.

Do you like Star Trek?
No.
How about World of Warcraft?
No.
Dungeons and Dragons?
No.
Anime?
No.
I know! Football!
No.

He finally gave up, but I continued thinking, "Why do I love my husband?" The answer is hard to put into words, but I will try for the sake of this medium.

Mike is like the other half of me who can do everything that I can't.
He is the silly when I am serious and the loud when I am quiet.
He is the only person who can look at me and I know exactly what he is thinking.
He is the only person I can dance in front of and with.
He has a caring heart that is bigger than most people could imagine.
He takes care of me when I need it and makes me laugh when I am sad.
He tells me I am beautiful every day.
He does everything in his power to make me happy.
He is a good friend, no only to me, but to all his friends.
He tries to always make himself a better person.
When he hugs me I feel like I belong in his arms.
He loves me and I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment