Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dream On

I thought it was about time for a change of blog background even though I became emotionally attached to the last one. I do that sometimes, become emotionally attached. When Mike and I went on vacation to Las Vegas I left my comb there, and to this day I still morn the loss of my comb even though I have a new one. You may think I am joking, but I'm not. Ask Mike. Ever since I was a child I have been slightly possessive of my things. I took good care of them all and loved them like my children. So if anyone messed with my things (for example: half-whit, dirty brothers) I would generally freak out. I am mostly over the freaking out part, except for today when I found out Mike had used my tiny microfiber cloth that I use to clean my glasses and had gotten a very little black mark on it. I didn't so much freak out as I glared at him with my laser-beam eyes. He quickly promised to get me a new one which was probably in his best interest if he didn't want me to come at him like a spider monkey.

What I really wanted to write about before I got distracted by my possessions was dreams. I believe, for the most part, that dreams have no real significance and this is the reason why - When I am sleeping and I have to pee I always have a dream about being in a very crowded, very large restroom. I wander around for hours trying to find an acceptable place to pee since all of the toilets and stalls are either broken, missing a door, or disgustingly dirty. Even if I do manage to find a place to pee in my dream, I never get any relief. I still have to pee again, and the cycle starts all over. Obviously this means I have to pee in real life and I don't get relief because my brain is too stupid to wake me up to go to the real bathroom. I think that all dreams have a similar cause whether they are about peeing or not. They are usually based on something I was thinking about, worrying about, or watching on t.v. previously. Sure I have entertained the idea that dreams have some mystical meaning about what will happen in your life. But I have come to the conclusion that dreams (at least my dreams) are nothing but nighttime entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment