Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Dog Park

I have been wanting to write about the dog park that we bring Bear to, but I kept forgetting to take pictures. Now I finally have pictures, but sadly I was not computer-savvy enough to figure out how to edit them since Mike re-installed our operating system and I can't find my regular programs. So they are what they are.











Bear is INSANE for this place, as in she has tried to jump out the car window on the the way there because she is so excited. It's kind of funny how much she likes it because she doesn't like interacting with other dogs very much. She goes for the smells and the the hope that she will meet an unsuspecting human who she can con into petting her for hours. Mike and I go for the beautiful views, the chance to see all kinds of dogs, and because Bear LOVES it.

Until I had Bear I had never been to a dog park and quite frankly I thought they were a little strange. I thought dog parks were only for those kind of people who dress their dogs in clothes and treat their dogs like there own children and have dog-related decorations all over their house. I guess I have become one of those people because I like going to the dog park. But for the record I don't dress Bear in any clothing or feed her from a silver spoon or anything like that. (However, Mike and I have been known to spoil her from time to time.)

I should specify that I only like going to the particular dog park that we go to. I have been to other ones that are no more than glorified cages - nothing to play with and nothing to look at. The reason I like our dog park so much is because it is beautiful. It sits on a hill, so it has a great view of the city below. It has woods to walk through and tons of toys and places to sit. It is more like a park than any other dog "park" I have been to. So if you want to relax and let your dog roam free, head over to the Riverdale dog park. (They might even let you in if you don't have a dog, but don't go unless you are one of us crazy dog lovers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment