Thursday, May 5, 2011

Goodbye Trees

Back in November I wrote this about raking leaves out in the yard. (I love how Bear is in almost the exact same spot in both pictures.) Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore because the trees are no more.



One tree was dead and the other was rather sickly, so the landlord decided to have them removed. You would think I would be happy that I don't have to rake ever again (except for the neighbor's leaves which are sure to find their way into our yard), but really I am pretty sad about it. If you read my blog, you know that I love nature, so I really miss the trees. The yard just looks boring and bare now, and the sunshine is brutal on my pale, wimpy skin. I wanted to buy another tree, but since we only rent our house, it would be pointless to spend money on something we can't keep. Maybe I will get over it, but for now, don't be surprised if I burst into tears when I walk into the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment