Friday, May 20, 2011

Amazing In Training

So does anyone have this thing called "life" figured out yet? I just thought I would throw that out there and see if anyone has any advice, because from my experience, life only seems to get harder and more complicated the more you live. I should probably not whine about life since I am 29-years-old, reasonably good-looking, fairly healthy, and somewhat intelligent. I know so many people have it so much worse. Then again, maybe life is easier if you are not so intelligent. Then you would be ignorant of most of the bad stuff. Ahhhh, blissful ignorance.

I have been working a little bit on being a better person. You know - more spiritual, kinder, stronger, happier, more peaceful - all the things everyone would be if we lived in a perfect world. But it seems like for every step forward, I take two steps back. Turns out being peaceful is not so easy when the lawn mower has died for the 100th time because it's a piece of s***. Being strong isn't easy when you don't know what the future holds. Being happy isn't easy when you know millions of people are suffering from countless illnesses and problems. Being spiritual isn't easy when you wonder what the meaning of everything is.

I'm not trying to be depressing. Really. For all the bad things in life, there are just as many, if not more, good things. People overcome all sorts of horrible trials. They learn to be happy even when life is kicking them in the butt. They can be peaceful even when there is chaos surrounding them. They can be strong even when they thought they had no strength left. People can be AMAZING. I'm just wondering......can I become one of those amazing people?

No comments:

Post a Comment