Monday, May 30, 2011

The Cutest Hike Ever!

Last Saturday I took Bear on a hike up Waterfall Canyon. It was perfect weather for hiking - not too hot, not too cold. I think Bear was a mountain goat in her past life, because she climbed over rocks like they were nothing. She probably could have done it with her eyes closed. The only thing that held her back was me.......holding her back......on the leash. A few times she went to jump over a particularly large rock before I had caught up to her and she abruptly slid backwards off said rock. Sorry Bear. Maybe someday I will reach your level of turbo speed or I will be able to let you off the leash because people will stop being such sissies about dogs. But for now, a little strangulation never hurt anyone, right?

Here is proof that Bear made it to the waterfall in one piece. She even looks pretty happy after all the leash pulling.



This is the waterfall. Pretty impressive. If only people would stop trying to climb that rock wall and falling off and dying. That makes the place a little bit of a bummer.



The view is amazing up there. It looks just like it should be on a postcard.



I'm glad I went hiking Saturday because I woke up today to.....SNOW! WTF UTAH?! It's also been raining all day, complete with wind and thunder. I don't mind it, but it makes Bear want to hide on my bed -



I won't say "this is how I found her one day when it was really windy" because for some reason it bothers me when bloggers say things like that. It's just too cutesy and fake to me. It's like saying "This is how I found her, all cuddly and snuggly and shaking in her skin! It was the cutest surprise ever!" Gag me. I'm all for a little cute here and there, but when a person is gushing about how cute something is, it makes me want to hit them over the head with a sauce pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment