Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Unsolicited Leaves

Today was my day off work, so I decided to rake the leaves in our yard. I don't mind raking, but the part I do mind is bagging and or putting the leaves in the trash can. That requires a lot of bending and awkwardness trying to keep the bag open and trying to smash as many leaves as humanly possible into one bag. It also requires touching a lot of leaves which may or may not have dog poop mixed in. So I decided to skip the bagging process and just put the leaves directly into our giant garbage bin. However, the bin turned out to be not so giant, so I was only able to complete half of the yard. That works for me since I could put off doing the area that usually includes the dog poop. Here is the yard before I raked -



Notice one tree is already void of any leaves. That is not because it is a good tree and lost all its leaves before I raked. That is because it is dead. Never would I rejoice a dead tree other than this occasion because it means less leaves for me to pick up. In fact, most of the leaves in our yard came form the next-door-neighbor's tree. This is frustrating, but you can't very well go next door and say, "Could you kindly collect your leaves from my yard?" This is especially true since the people next door are about 100 years old and I think they are vampires because I never see them outside except for in the very early morning when the sun has not completely risen. They use a lawn care service for their lawn, so their side always looks completely spotless while our side is covered with THEIR leaves. Whatever. Someday I too will be a yard-service-hiring-vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment