Friday, May 27, 2011

SUCK IT! (Only If You're Mean)

The weather is SLOWLY warming up, but it can take it's time. I like changing seasons. I think they give variety to life. But if it were up to me, summer weather would never get above 80 degrees. Hot weather and I just don't get along. Perhaps that trend started when I was a kid and didn't understand that the sun would always burn my ghostly skin if I stepped outside for more than 15 minutes. Many sunburns later, I hold a grudge against the sun since it has burned me so many times. (No pun intended. OK, maybe a little. he he) If I want to be outside for extended periods I have to either:

A. Put on loads of greasy, slimy sunscreen, or
B. Cover every inch of my body in some sort of clothing.

B is really not an option since I hate being hot almost as much as I hate being sunburned. If it were legal, I would probably run around naked when it was hot. Nudist colonies don't offend me because I figure those people are just too hot to want to wear clothing. Ugly bodies also don't offend me because I don't think there is any disgusting body part that I have not already seen on t.v. or the internet. Also, I try not to judge others by physical appearance. A person can't help it if they were born into a body that is not considered "beautiful" or if they were in an accident that disfigured them. Differences are beauty to me. The same thing over and over gets really boring. I think that may be why computer-generated graphics don't appeal to me much. They are so perfect they take out all the beauty of flaws.

That was a bit of a tangent. Anyway, the point is, too much heat and sun is bothersome to me. I'm lucky that I am still young and skinny, because even if I were overweight and ugly, my disdain for heat would probably still allow me to dress skimpy in the summer. And even though I don't judge others by their bodies, that doesn't stop them from judging me. Yes, I care what other people think of me. No, I am not strong-willed enough yet to not let mean people get to me. Guess I'll have to work on telling those judgers to SUCK IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment