Thursday, May 12, 2011

No Future In Movies

Is it just me or is America becoming the Land of Movie Stars? I don't mean that everyone who lives here is a movie star. I mean all we care about are movies and becoming movie stars. We are the land of entertainment. The land where every person wants their own reality show. The land where dozens of new movies come out every week. So what's so bad about that? I'll tell you. Our priorities are all messed up. Movies are fun, but they are not what is most important to the human race. Wouldn't it be wise to stop spending so much money on making and seeing movies and spend more on education and the future of our country? Do we need more scientists and doctors or more movie stars?

I'm all for creative expression. Life without art would be very sad indeed. But it seems obvious to me that we are wasting huge amounts of resources on excessive entertainment. In the future, when we have used up all of our resources, will we be glad that we spent so much on entertainment instead of educating scientists who could have discovered new ways to help us survive? It seems everyone is living by the saying "Eat, drink, and be marry for tomorrow we shall die". I'm just saying, maybe a little more planning for the future and a little less entertainment wouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment