Monday, September 27, 2010

We Are All Doomed

I sure didn't mean to go so long without posting, but life just seems to get in the way sometimes. I'm sure you have all been waiting in the edge of your seats, so here it goes.....

Yesterday, Mike and I watched a t.v. show about the crumbling infrastructure of America. Bridges and damns collapsing, huge pipes bursting and leaking. That sort of stuff. It was enough to make a person want to crawl into a bomb shelter and never come out. Yet that would not even protect you, because we also watched a show about how, eventually, the sun will burn out. Great, just great.

Sometimes I wonder why we even try. Do we hope for God to save us when the sun burns out, or do we have to find a way to save ourselves? It seems very unlikely to me that we could possibly find a way to save human kind when the sun burns out, but what do I know? If you are wondering why I am even worried about the sun burning out because it won't happen for a very long time, here is what I have to say about that - It is more a philosophical issue for me. If God exists, why would he give us a sun that would eventually burn out? Are we supposed to find a new plant? Will we all die and go to heaven when the sun burns out? Where is heaven if there is no sun and no one left on earth? I really have no idea. So I try not to worry about the end of the earth too much. If it comes it comes, and then I will see first hand what happens. If I die before the end of the earth, then hopefully I will be a floaty spirit, off being happy somewhere. Until that happens, I guess we just live life the best we can, try to take care of the earth, and think really hard about ways to save the earth when the sun burns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment