Saturday, September 11, 2010

Addicted

Fall is approaching and with it comes whole new seasons of some of my favorite t.v. shows. I never wanted to be a t.v. junkie, but I somehow seem to have become just that. Not that watching t.v. is all I do, but I do watch far more than I would like. I would like to be one of those people whose life is so busy and full that they have no time for t.v. but I don't see that happening any time soon. I'm hooked. One of my favorite shows that just started up again is America's Next Top Model. Not only am I a t.v. junkie, but I am a sucker for reality shows. Mike can't stand ANTM and I can understand why. Even for me Tyra Banks is just a little too crazy and the girls on the show are just a little too obsessive over her and catty with each other. But I don't watch it because of that. I love the artistic side of the show - posing, lighting, hair and make-up. Everything that goes into a beautiful picture. It all appeals to the artist in me. Not that I am a great artist, but I still love art. I guess the creativity is also what appeals to me in other shows like interior decorating shows, cake decorating shows, and cooking shows. I hate to admit it, but Martha Stewart's show was one of my favorites back in the day. I think Martha Stewart is a little crazy too, but it seems like all the good t.v. personalities are.

However, I can't claim creativity for the reason I like all my t.v. shows. I also like the show Teen Mom, which really has nothing to do with creativity. That show appeals more to my desire to see how other people live. I think I have mentioned before that I am very interested in different lifestyles, and if I can't live them all at least I can watch other people live them. This may be rather nosy of me, but they are the ones who decided to put their lives on t.v. Wrong or right, I will probably be watching shows like Teen Mom and ANTM for a very long time.......unless my t.v. breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment