Sunday, September 5, 2010

Up Close And In Person

I had a few extra minutes before work this morning, so I decided to browse for clothing online. It was a very unsatisfying experience, and that is something coming from someone addicted to clothes shopping. As popular as online shopping has become, I am fairly certain it will never replace actually going to the store. Online shopping may be good for price comparison or things that you have to buy but don't really car about. (That would be auto parts in my case.) But for almost anything else, you can't beat being in the the store. I love the atmosphere, seeing things in person, and especially touching them. Some online stores let you zoom in on the product to examine it in great detail, but somehow that is still not enough. Maybe this is a personal problem of someone who likes to shop, but I don't see real stores being replaced any time soon. Phew! I was worried there for a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment