Saturday, December 18, 2010

Venting

As the title suggests, this post will be dedicated to my venting. So if you prefer to stay in Happy Fluffy Land, don't read any further.

If anything will be the death of me, I'm pretty sure it will be medical insurance. First of all, medical insurance should be for EVERYONE. Oh, but it's not. It's for people with no preexisting conditions. You know, PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT SICK. Sick people are the ones who need medical insurance the most, yet they can't get it because the the insurance companies can't make money off of them. Even if you do get medical insurance, be prepared to be fought tooth and nail on every expense you incur. Currently, I am having to prove to my insurance company that I am married to my husband, AGAIN, because I guess they didn't understand my marriage licence the first time. They want to deny me coverage unless I can prove I am related to my husband because he is the primary member under the insurance. I wouldn't even mind faxing my marriage licence again if I knew that would solve the problem in a timely manner. But last time this happened, it took literally MONTHS for the insurance company to approve anything, and even then it was because we called them up several times to ask, "ARE YOU DOING YOUR JOB?!" In the mean time, the doctors wanted payment, so I had to keep asking them to hold off while the insurance company pulled their heads out of their asses.

I am so sick and tired of insurance companies holding people hostage for money. There should be no cost on human life. I know healthcare in America is some of the best in the world and we should be willing to pay for it. However, the cost is too high, and I don't only mean the monetary cost. (Although the monetary cost is absurdly high in and of itself.) The cost includes physical and emotional abuse from insurance companies and doctors and, sometimes, even your life. Please please please can't we all help each other without greed and endless bureaucratic negotiations?

No comments:

Post a Comment