Wednesday, December 29, 2010

To Be Or Not To Be

Not much action in the Berube household to speak of. It has been a rainy/snowy overall BLAH sort of day. Never in December would I believe there would be rain, but there it was. At least it has finally turned to snow and I can feel less freaked-out about global warming. I'm sure it didn't help that Mike and I watched a t.v. show last night about studies at the polar ice caps and predictions of melting glaciers and rising sea levels. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Well maybe I need to just take a deep breath and chill out for a second. I know the world probably isn't going to end any second, so I can at least finish this post. But I really can't believe how ignorant and careless most people are about global issues. I know it doesn't do any good to worry constantly, but most people seem totally oblivious to the human impact on the planet. People worry more about the things they will buy and how they will make more money then they do about the planet they live on. So for those of you out there who are not concerned, let me inform you. Evey single thing that you buy and use has an impact on the planet! Cars, gas, clothing, electronics, soap, food, electricity, paper towels, airplanes, water bottles, EVERYTHING! Are all the extra things that you buy and use worth the destruction of our planet? Is it that hard to cut back on what you use, even a little? I know I sound like a freaky, raging environmentalist, but I feel like it has to be said. Obviously, few people are thinking about it on their own. What kind of world are we leaving for our children? A hostile place where it is hard to get water, let alone survive? Don't put it out of your mind, because what if it happens in our lifetime? Will you be fine living with no electricity? No clean water? No modern conveniences? Can you fend for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment