Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Practicality Out The Window

Sometime in last few weeks, during the haze of my sickness, I created a pottery piece. I don't remember a lot about the actual painting because I have steadily been trying to forget every minute of when I was sick. But I know I made it because this is now in my kitchen -



Not bad for my first time, eh? Well, actually this was my first clay creation -



A snowman, made in preschool or kindergarten. Of course I only painted it with a clear glaze because I couldn't have a snowman that was anything but white. (I was very literal even at that age.) But I did sculpt it, which is more than I can say for my most recent project. I didn't sculpt the utensil-holder, and I only picked it because if its usefulness. I have always wanted a jar for my bigger kitchen utensils but, in general, I never like to buy things unless I am fairly positive I will get a lot of use out of them. I don't like to clutter my house with a bunch of stuff that serves no purpose. That is the practicality in me, but on the other hand.......THEY ARE SO FUN TO PAINT! I am already wanting to paint another one so I can get the full experience without being sick. In spite of my best intentions, I'm sure someday my house will be filled with useless pottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment